- If you experience hay fever or have asthma, then you need one
- If you are living in Wyndham, you can be at high risk of thunderstorm asthma
Review & Assessment
- A review appointment helps to make sure that you are taking the right medicines in the right amounts
- Our GPs/ Nurses will discuss your current Asthma/ Hay Fever / Allergic Rhinitis medicines with you and may make changes
- Do come and arrange your review to ensure that you’re getting the treatment that will suit you best at this time of the year
- A review appointment helps
What to Expect & What to Bring
- The appointment should take about [20 – 40] minutes. Your [GP/ Nurse] will:
- Ask about your symptoms – So keep a note of them before you come
- Check your peak flow / Spirometry (Breathing test) reading – To see how well your lungs are working
- Check your inhaler technique to make sure you’re getting the correct dose of medicine – Please bring along all the inhalers and spacers you currently use.
- You may also wish to discuss any asthma / Hay fever / Allergic Rhinitis – related concerns you have and any tips to make it easier.
Have you got your written asthma action plan?
- A written asthma action plan is a step by step guide to help you stay on top of your asthma, and spot if your symptoms are getting worse.
- If you have a written asthma action plan, please bring this with you so you and your [GP/ nurse] can discuss and update it together.
Please read more about Thunderstorm Asthma here
For expert advise from our team of doctors please make an appointment